- Walking - The site is surrounded by beautiful countryside and beech woodland, criss-crossed by footpaths and bridleways. Go for a 15 minute walk and you might see or hear woodpeckers, owls, bats, badgers, foxes and deer. If you want to walk a bit further you could easily take in Stinchcombe Hill, the Tyndale Monument, Cam Long Down, Uley Bury or Owlpen. The Cotswold Way passes less than a mile from the site - ideal for an overnight stop or base.
- Horse Riding - Riders can bring their horses and enjoy hacks with fabulous views of the river Severn from Stinchcombe golf course. Guide available on request. Details of facilities.
- Dursley Sculpture and Play Trail - Directly opposite the site entrance. The mosaics, sculptures and structures add extra interest to a family walk.
- Breakheart Quarry - Only 500m along the road (or footpath). This community project provides a wonderful area for active play, and extensive paths through the varied 50 acre site. There is an amazing variety of plants, birds and fossils. breakheart.org.uk
- Mountain Biking - There is some great riding right from the camp site. Stay on the flat top towards Stinchcombe Hill for some trails through the woods, or seek out the technical descents and steep climbs for more of a challenge.
We have plenty of space on site and a separate events field, so we can accommodate all kinds of other activities. Get in touch if there is something special you want to do. Here are some examples:
- Family parties
- Public and corporate events
- School trips / days out
- Bushcraft and foraging skills
- Clay pigeon shooting