The Local Area
The Cotswolds is one of the most beautiful areas of the English countryside. We are surrounded by gentle rolling hills, pretty villages and hidden valleys. You will find interest wherever you explore, but here are a few ideas.
Dursley (1 mile) is a lively market town with shops, supermarkets, pubs, restaurants and takeaways, plus a swimming pool, leisure centre, petrol station and church.
Places to visit
- Kingshill House (2.4 miles) - A magnificent Georgian Grade II* listed building, now run as an Arts and Meeting Centre, where you can participate in creative workshops and other arts activities. Website
- Newark Park (3 miles) - A Tudor hunting lodge perched on the edge of a 40ft cliff with outstanding views across Gloucestershire. National Trust Website
- Berkeley Castle (4 miles) - The oldest castle in England, continuously owned and occupied by the same family. Website
- Woodchester Park (4 miles) - A tranquil wooded valley containing an abandoned Victorian Gothic mansion. National Trust Website
- Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, Slimbridge (6 miles) - Located on the shores of the Severn estuary. Beautiful walks and close-up encounters with birds from around the world. Website
- Westonbirt, The National Arboretum (7 miles) - An internationally renowned tree collection, heritage landscape and fantastic location for playing, walking, relaxing and learning about nature. Website
- The Purton Hulks (7 miles) - The largest ships' graveyard in mainland Britain. Website
- The New Inn, Waterley Bottom (Only 400m down a rough track) - One of the hidden gems of the Cotswolds - Famous for its ales, ciders and food. Don't forget your torch for the walk back up the hill! Website
- The Old Spot Inn, Dursley (1 mile) - A CAMRA National Pub of the Year, so you know there will always be a good choice of great beers. Buzzing with a friendly crowd of locals every night of the week. Website
- ... and many more nearby.
Towns and villages
So many to choose from: North Nibley, Uley, Owlpen, Kingscote, Wotton-under-Edge, Nympsfield, Berkeley, Nailsworth, Minchinhampton, Tetbury, Stroud.
GolfThere are three golf courses within 2 miles of the camp site:
If you fancy visiting one of our historic towns or cities, Gloucester, Cirencester, Cheltenham, Bristol and Bath are all within 45 minutes drive.